Friday, March 23, 2007

Please excuse me . . . I'm needed in Surgery!


Some of you know that I am being displaced from my current job and have been seeking my next exciting opportunity. I was interested in improving on my acute care skills and learning more about anatomy, physiology and pharmacology, so I applied for an OR Specialty Training Course offered through Vancouver Coastal Health. I was offered a position last month! The training is full-time for 5 months (paid!) starting in April. As long as I don't prove to be dangerously incompetent (Thanks, Leigh, for the portrait ; ), I will then fill a full-time line at Lion's Gate Hospital in North Van. In the meantime I am doing a pre-course online module that involves a ton of reading - never my strong suit.

I am looking forward to a break from studying for our picnic at Crescent Beach in April! Thanks, Lori for initiating a get together once again - we can always count on you : )

No comments: